BY MAGGIE MARR
Hollywood Girls Club Series, #3
Available December 17, 2013
Adult Womenâs Fiction (with romantic and mystery elements)
Being the niece of the biggest star in the world isn't easy--especially when someone is trying to kill you.
Nikki Solange is a small town Tennessee girl. When she hits Hollywood and tries to become a movie Producer, she's in for the culture shock of her life--and finding a D-list actor turned up-and-coming director floating face down in his Beverly Hills swimming pool is the least of it. Now Nikki must walk the gauntlet that is Hollywood and try to stay alive because someone from Nikki's hard-scrabble past is out to make sure that she ends up dead.
Pretending to be a Hollywood playboy film producer is easy when one of the world's richest men is backing you.
Ex Marine sniper Rush Nelson is back from his final tour in Afghanistan and is now a security specialist for one of the world's richest men, media mogul Ted Robinoff. Backed by his boss, Rush has a solid cover-story that includes some serious Armani threads, a pulse-pounding car, and a limitless expense account. All to protect Robinoff, his business interests, and Robinoff's family, which includes Ted's superstar wife Celeste 'Cici' Solange and her pain-in-the-ass niece Nikki. Rush must achieve his directive without ruining his cover. Easy--except for one problem--Nikki Solange. Rush is falling for her.
When your mission is security, falling for the person youâre meant to protect is the number one rule not to break.
Fun Facts about Hollywood Hit
1. Hollywood Hit--I love the double entendre in the title. Creating a great movie and the potential for something deadly.
2. Nikki Solange is the perfect mix of tough and insecure. She is so resilient and has so much perseverance. She is a character who has been knocked down by life so many times and yet continues to get back up and keep going.
3. Rush Nelson admires strength. I think it is one of the main reasons he is drawn to Nikki--because she is strong and he sees it, knows it, knows so much about her. Plus he too came from outside of Hollywood.
4. Tedd Robinoff is a widow. His first wife died of cancer. He is a hard ass when it comes to business. Cici is one of the few people to ever see the soft side of Tedd. He is completely hard core.
5. Lydia Albright's father was Norton Albright a famous producer. Lydia is loyal and tough and brilliant--but a realist. She is an amalgamation of many strong female producers that I know and have had the pleasure of working with.
6. Every character in every Hollywood Girls Club Series book has hints of real people.... hints.
7. Christina Darmides has this British quality that comes from going to school in England. Her mother is Greek and her father, Zymar, is from Britain. She spent the majority of her childhood with her mother in Greece.
8. Cici Solange is incredibly loyal to her friends and her family. She is protective to a fault.
9. Kiki Dee, when she was young and very poor and new to the Industry used to turn tricks to pay the rent. Now she often utilizes the services of boy toys to get her kicks.
10. Hollywood is the best. Truly it is. I am a girl from the Midwest and have worked in this amazing Industry for over a decade--and I still love every damn day! I am so lucky to work and write about Hollywood.
About the Author
Maggie Marr grew up in the Midwest and made the move to Los Angeles to work in the movie business. She was a motion picture literary agent for ICM before becoming a full time writer. Sheâs written for film and TV and ghostwritten for celebrities. She lives in Los Angeles with her husband and children.
Author social media links